Professional photo gallery conditions
Established in accordance with Act No. 121/2000 Coll., on Copyright and Rights Related to Copyright and on Amendment to Certain Acts (the Copyright Act), as amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”):
- Czech Inspiration provides the photographs free of charge for promotional purposes at home and abroad
- photographs from the photo bank of Czech Inspiration may be downloaded free of charge, only for non-commercial and promotional purposes
- non-commercial use is understood as the publication in periodicals and in non-unsaleable promotional materials (e.g. catalogues of travel agencies and unsaleable promotional leaflets, or unsaleable publications in electronic catalogues of travel agencies on the internet)
- in periodicals (newspapers, magazines) individual photographs can be used only for the purpose of reporting, to justifiable extent. Use in periodical press in the context of current news reporting is governed by provision §34 paragraph 2 of the Act
- when using a photograph, it is necessary to state the “Source: Czech Inspiration” (or www.czechinspiration.cz) and the “Author: Name, Surname” (name and surname – if provided with the photograph)
- photographs or their units can not be used systematically and repeatedly
- photo bank users are not entitled to use even a smaller amount of downloaded photographs in conflict with the legitimate interests of the database creator (Czech Inspiration)
- use of photo bank must not affect the exclusive right of the author to grant permission for the use of any saleable promotional materials, publications or calendars, which are used for commercial purposes
- by downloading photographs, the user agrees to these terms and conditions and undertakes to comply with them
Use of photos without the consent of the authors in cases not specified above shall be deemed unauthorized interference with copyright under § 40 of the Act. In accordance with § 105a of the Act, anyone who uses an author's work without authorization, is committing an offense and may be imposed a fine in administrative proceedings of up to CZK 150,000. The author, whose rights have been infringed upon or whose rights are at risk of unauthorized intervention, may also seek protection of their rights before a general court and in particular, demand the consequences of intervention in their rights be rectified and be entitled to demand the provision of financial satisfaction, if other recognition of satisfaction proves unsatisfactory. In the event of an infringement of copyright, the acquirer of the photo bank, i.e. Czech Inspiration, due to licence agreements with the author of such work, is also entitled to deal with the undesirable state by means of general courts, in that in accordance with Act No. 89/2012 Coll., of the Civil Code, as amended, it will primarily demand compensation for damages incurred.
Use of photographs for commercial purposes
If you are interested in using the photographs for commercial purposes (e.g. in marketable publications), it is necessary to contact the author. The author of the work must grant consent to the use thereof.